Ladies and gents, the world’s largest single-day sporting event just got bigger. This year, we’ve teamed up with the Indianapolis Motor Speedway as the official ride of the Indianapolis 500! So before you race into your weekend, check this list of pro tips to ensure safe, reliable rides to the track and back all weekend long.
DON’T MAKE PARKING A PIT STOP
Whether you’re getting dropped off at the wee hours for the pre-race pit party or looking to make a quick getaway after the checkered flags fly, use our dedicated pickup / dropoff lane on the corner of Main St. + Gilman St. for a smooth ride.
GETTING IN + OUT ON RACE DAY:
- All pickups and dropoffs should take place on Main St. + Gilman St. in Uber’s dedicated lane.
- Exit the stadium and walk south toward the roundabout to request a ride! Please note, you will not be able to request from within the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
- Meet your driver in the dedicated lane and always confirm the license plate and driver match the info listed in the app.
STAY UP TO SPEED
Upgrade your experience and stay connected on the go! We’ve partnered with FreedomPop to enable select UberBlack and uberSELECT rides with free in-car WiFi access for race weekend.
- Request an UberBlack or uberSELECT ride during race weekend (Friday, May 22 – Monday, May 25).
- If your ride is WiFi-enabled, select the FreedomPop network and enter the password “freedompop.”
- Connect and enjoy the freedom of backseat browsing!
RIDE LIKE A PRO
With hundreds of thousands of spectators arriving for the weekend festivities, demand is sure to spike. But fear not, race fans! With countless features in the app like Fare Split and Surge Drop Notifications, you’ll be riding like a pro to and from the speedway.
- Run a Fare Quote to estimate the cost of your trip in real-time – it’ll even account for surge pricing!
- Fare Split your trip with friends for an even cheaper ride and everyone’s a winner!
- Use the Share My ETA feature so your pit crew can track your route and expected time of arrival.
- Tap the “Notify Me If Surge Ends” button and confirm push notifications to receive an alert when surge pricing at your location drops.
|SHARE THE RIDE GUIDE!|